Friday, 25 December 2015

[Review] Nerf Roughcut Custom Leather Holster by Merchant Green Leather Works!


Today we will be taking a look at a custom made leather holster by Merchant Green Leather Works. Lauren,the owner of Merchant Green Leather Works makes awesome custom leather products ranging from Nerf holsters all the way to masks.
I went ahead with a Nerf Roughcut holster since those aren't easy to come by in the market. On top of that,I requested for dart holders and a name plate(which by the way,looks awesome) to be included on the holster. I was then sent an image of a variety of colours and patterns to further customise the holster.After much contemplation because all of them look so good, I chose my holster to be in the colour 'Fox Brown' with Wood Ivy pattern.

When the end product finally arrived, man was I impressed with the worksmanship. Every detail was extremely well done with the exception of one part which I'll talk about later on.

Here's a close up view of the name plate and dart holder. The dart holder holds six darts snuggly,and the size of the dart holders are consistent too.
Here is the flaw which I mentioned in the earlier part of this article. This is the back of the holster which probably no one else except the user(me in this case) will see. There is a cut of about 4cm, but it shouldn't affect the durability of the holster.
Update: This is a natural marking probably made by the person who skinned the cow.

There is a strap and buckle at the upper part of the holster to the secure the roughcut in place. The strap and buckle makes drawing the blaster a whole lot slower. That being said,I did not customise the strap to be a quick release one.As Merchant Green Leather Works does custom work,I'm sure that you can request for a different strap.

Close up shot. As you can see, the details are on point!

The belt holes on the holster are each 6.6cm. So the holster accommodates belts of most sizes.

This is how the holster looks on me. Sweet aye? One think which I would have asked Merchant Green Leather Works,which I didn't, is for an extra strap at the bottom of the holster to be made, so that there will be less swaying of the holster when I'm running.

All in all,I am very impressed with this product. I've mentioned this many times in this post already- the details are soooo on point! The prices of different holsters differ. This one costs around 120SGD. For a *Custom* *Leather* product, I think it's pretty worth the price. This particular holster will be great for cosplaying(imagine a steampunk roughcut in this! :D) and will be a nice touch to your Nerf arsenal. I highly recommend ya'll to check out Merchant Green Leather Works products. Oh yeah, Merry Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment